Aileen Katcher, APR, Fellow PRSA, has more than three decades of marketing and communications experience, focused primarily on health care businesses and planning and implementation of crisis communications. She has completed crisis management certification from the Institute for Crisis Management.
She has worked in-house at two major urban hospitals, Baptist in Nashville and Brookwood in Birmingham, and as a principal in two prominent public relations firms, Holder Kennedy and Katcher Vaughn & Bailey, where her client roster included:
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
- Renal Care Group,
- Passport Health Communications
- Williamson Medical Center
- SunCrest Home Health
- The Blakeford of Green Hills
- Amplion Clinical Communications.
Crisis Communications and Readiness
Due to the nature of the work, she can't identify all of her crisis communications clients, but a few career highlights include:
- Member of BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee's Crisis Management Team (CMT) following a data theft involving personal health information from 1 million members.
- Ongoing counsel to a large private, educational institution involved in a personnel dispute which became sensationalized by the media locally and nationally.
- CMT member for national, publicly-traded dialysis company handling numerous situations including multiple patient deaths in a single dialysis session.
- CMT member for a publicly-traded, international military weapons manufacturer in the aftermath of an explosion resulting in one death and several serious injuries in at a plant.
- Created crisis plans and conducted training for companies in many industries including health care, construction and nonprofits